Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The beginning and the end


Because this all started with me sharing my long lost love affair with all things Donny, I felt it appropriate to include a picture of the Osmond star. I'm not a big Hollywood kind of gal so, though the stars on the sidewalk were sort of cool, and it was fun when I walked over some of the older stars whose movies I loved, like Myrna Loy, I didn't really pay them a lot of attention. I did, however, take note when I saw the Osmond star, and before I left snapped a picture of it.

Actually, my inner fan girl insisted.



And then, of course, I had to take a picture of this star as a homage to Chris Carter, who named his female heroine after the one and only, Vin Scully.

And this:

because how could I not take a picture of the iconic Hollywood sign.



And this:



was the best place to forage for pictures, posters, and all things X.


And so ends my week of bliss.

But not the year.

Ciao


1 comment:

Marinell said...

Very cool and informative blog. You and your readers would probably like to know that Inside Media at The Paley Center has a show about X-Files now available on iTunes.

Here is the link: http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?i=286578608&id=285977384&s=143441

About Inside Media at the Paley Center's X-Files:
X-Files creator Chris Carter discusses his new movie—The X-Files: I Want to Believe—and the show that started it all. This William S. Paley Television Festival evening honors Chris Carter, his 2008 X-Files movie (which he wrote and directed), and the iconic Fox TV series that spawned it.

Airing from 1993 to 2002, The X-Files beguiled critics and viewers alike, nailing the zeitgeist on the head at a time when radio talk show hosts fueled a grassroots movement suspecting conspiracies behind almost every action emanating from the White House.

Chris Carter had set out just to make a scary little show in the tradition of Kolchak: The Night Stalker, but ended up with a Peabody and sixteen Emmys, a legion of die-hard fans, and scholarly articles analyzing his seminal work.

Also, you can add the iTunes Button linking to the film with the HTML generated here: http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/WebObjects/MZStoreServices.woa/wa/itmsLinkMaker
Enter "Paley Center" and select TV Shows
(For larger, customizable Apple iTunes Buttons, download these: http://www.docurama.com/digitalassets/ituneslogo.zip)
FYI, you can also become an iTunes affiliate to earn a 5% commission on this and other refered sales: http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/

Thank you for considering sharing the news with your readers!

Best,
Marinell Montales
New Video Digital
902 Broadway, 9th Fl
New York, NY 10010