Friday, August 8, 2008

What we did in LA

I've had a request from a friend who is travelling to ensure I am providing her with a synopsis of what I did during my crazy X Files week in Los Angeles, and what I'm up to now. Then I realized I really hadn't provided any pictures, except for what I uploaded to Big Light. 

So, here we go. 
                  


                   
I have a few of these pictures of Mt. St. Helens, taken from the plane. This isn't the first time I've seen this as I've flown over, but it never fails to make me pause and consider the day the mountain erupted. The second picture reminds me of an alien landscape.

Fitting, considering the trip, I thought. 






In the movie we have the 'wrong house.' In real life we have 'the wrong way.' I misread the sign (always wear glasses when reading directions, children. It helps if you caIn the movie we have the 'wrong house.' In real life we have 'the wrong way.' I misread the sign (always wear glasses when reading directions, children. It helps if you can see), and we ended up all the way at the wrong end of the metro line. 

Which made us very late for the Leno show. 

Very late. 



*sends kisses to Susie* who found us and allowed us to join the group we had hoped to meet up with. X Files stuff is so much more fun when shared with those who have the same passions. 















And so ends day one. 

Well, except for the ride back into Hollywood, supper, and all that stuff. 

And sleeping. We were both very tired at the end of the day.

Ciao.





























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's such a rarity that I get clear skies when I fly but sights like that make my day when I do. Awesome pictures!

Gah, sorry to hear about the 'wrong way'. I tend to be overly careful with directions in other cities but I get lost in my own town all the time. Glad you finally met up with everyone though!