Saturday, July 19, 2008

All my bags are packed.....

Word! 

I am going to LA. Today.

Three hours. 

I am packed. Finally. At 7:30 last night I realized i didn't have a black sweater and so i rushed out in the hopes of finding one. I mean, what self respecting fangirl doesn't have a basic black sweater to throw on when the evenings get chilly. 

This one. 

Couldn't find one anywhere. Then i recalled my vintage boucle sweater with the great beading detail. 

Turned the place upside down before i remembered i had taken it to school to show my students how to fix something with beading. 

It's sitting in a bag by my desk. Oh well.

But, my sister would be proud of me. I took things out of the suitcase, though i did go slightly over the '5 tops limit.'

Three things I am looking forward to:
Face to face meeting with friends i've made in this fandom over the past fifteen years. 
Meeting new friends. 
Um, the movie, of course. And all the fixings that go with an event like this.

Jimmy Kimmel and Jay Leno. 

And the Premiere. What are the chances I'll be one of the 500 lucky ones?

And California itself. I love geography, seeing new landscapes always gives me a thrill and a sense of wonder at how big our world is, despite our interconnectedness through technology. There are so many parts of it i haven't explored yet. 

I will miss my dog.
  

I'm not sure how he's going to take a whole week without me as we're pretty attached. We run together every morning. 

Speaking of running ..... i'll have just enough time to get one last run in before it's time to zip the suitcase closed and head on down to Seattle for the flight out. 

This doesn't feel real.

Someone pinch me, please. 





and one quick note: my updates will be coming from my blackberry which, for this die hard mac user, is a bit of a puzzle at the best of times, and something i'm ready to throw into the Pacific at the worst of times. I will attempt to correct punctuation and spelling, but the text is so small i need a magnifying glass to read it half the time. 

And i don't have room for one. 

Plus, my sister would say i don't need it. Deal.

Ciao

 


No comments: