Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bus Tour

Okay, so I haven't taken public transit in a long time. Years. Rather than rent a car we decided to brave the LA transit system.

And we decided to go to Malibu. Or as far down as transit would take us.

A quick WOW! regarding our interactions with the locals. Those of you from this area should be proud of yourselves. Everyone we encountered was helpful, and courteous. Really helpful. Considering we asked every single bus driver if we were headed the right way.

We took a lot of buses, but only boarded the wrong bus once, and other than that, it was awesome.

What a gorgeous coastline. It just might be worth renting a car to do the whole thing all over again. Malibu was quaint, and we had fun poking around in the shops, including Juicy. We
resisted the 'Rolls Royce of Chocolate.'

We, did! Really.

We've decided that the beach at Santa Monica will suffice for our beach day, though it looks to be much more crowded that we'd like. I'm not fond of the amusement machinery, but Marci is salivating at the thought of that Ferris wheel.

I'll be firmly planted on Terra Firma when she does that. I don't do spinning things or heights. I leave that sort of thing to my kids. I am the designated purse watcher, cell phone guardian and keeper of all things that might fall out.

Random bits:

Poster sightings: 14 (I don't need to keep reminding you which poster, do I?)
Longest wait for a bus: over an hour - thankfully Marci stuck with me - she was ready to bail
Score of the day: Marci's Juicy jeans, which look fab on her
Score of the day2: Cherries - haven't had any yet and they were delicious


Today finds us about to tackle transit again as we head to Melrose Ave to have a look around.

Oh, and count posters.

Ciao!

No comments: