Saturday, July 12, 2008

Organized Chaos

I'm preparing for my trip. Actually, I've been preparing for weeks. Months even. And I'm organized - in a chaotic sort of way. That is probably the best description of how i function when it comes to getting things together. Oh, and i'm a pile person. Anyone else? I tend to have everything I'm working on out. If i'm doing research on my computer, my dock is filled with open windows. If i'm using books, they're all spread out, open with stickies marking spots. Sort of like this:
   

Out of site is out of mind for me. And I'm afraid i'll forget something. Or be unable to find it exactly when i need it. 

Plus I like to do ten different things at once. 

Right now my table has little piles of paper. My Leno tickets - Yes, i got them. Even without the self addressed, stamped envelope i forgot to include. Must've been the handmade X Files stationary and the magic purple pen i used. At least i think i used the magic purple pen. i'm not sure what they'll do with my second letter in which i sent two Canadian stamps and offered to exchange them for an American one. And i know i used the purple pen for that one. I sent that letter after someone else mentioned  forgetting to include the self addressed, stamped envelope. 

You cannot buy american stamps up here.

 I tried. 

So, back to my piles. Let's see..... there are the Kimmel and Leno print outs, including maps i made. 

Don't want to get lost trying to find the studios. 

There is the print of the comic con ticket - it gets it's own pile. Then there is the motel information. And a map. Airline ticket print out. Shuttle details. The 'to do before i leave list,' a 'things to buy before i leave list,' a 'don't forget to pack list,' and a 'what you can all eat while i'm gone list.' With phone numbers for take out.  

That's important when you live with a bunch of people who do not cook. 

Then there is the undecided pile, a little stack of 'should I take this picture with me in case i can get an autograph?' I've got the Emmy picture of David, the poster from the SFX magazine, my 'I Want To Believe' mouse pad (who uses mouse pads anymore?), my Per Manum script, and a few other group pictures. 

Oh, and the most important thing i have to bring with me? 

Alex's t-shirt. 

Her 'Chris Carter is My God' t-shirt. 

I've been carrying it around with me for a few months now, in the hopes of getting a signature for her. Chris emphatically states that he is not God, but we Philes may have a slightly different opinion on that.

 Hmmm, i think it's time to start the clothing piles. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ang! I'm so excited. And not to worry, I am getting organized too. I realize there are some things I still need to buy, but today Chris and I went shopping for one of the most important things I needed-- a sun hat! Have you got one? I think it is important to stay covered up when you're out in the heat.

I will go to the library soon and get some books for us.

Excellent blog!

Anonymous said...

This is like my planning for Vancouver but of an even greater epic proportion! You are so organized!

I have a stand-in "CC is my God" shirt that I'll wear on the 25th and to London while the original is making its way across North America, hopefully into the hands of God :p

- Alex