Friday, July 25, 2008

WOW!

It has been an incredible few days here in LA. I was number ten. Tenth in line that is.

What line you say?

Why, the X Files Premiere line up. I was up at four am (seems to be a regular thing these days), and went for a run. Actually, I changed my route. I got dressed and decided to start my warm up down Hollywood Blvd.

So I could go past where they were going to be setting up and check out what was going on. There I found three sleepy gals who'd been there since midnight, and two others. After the lovely *E* said she'd hold my spot (there were a couple of spots already being held), I ran back to the hotel to change out of my gear.

No way was i going to be taking two hours to run when there was waiting in line to do.

And so we waited.

And waited.

There was singing. Laughing. Cheers when the X Line Starts Here sign went up. (pictures will come when i get home)

Cheers for the security guard who shook his head at us from time to time when he wandered over to check on things.

Lots of shameless promotion of the film when people stopped to ask what we were all doing in line.

It was an incredible experience to be amongst so many dedicated fans.

And the film?

Loved it. Hey - we can talk about it now! It was creepy, visually stunning, hopeful, smart ..... you get the picture.

Oh, and Mark Snow's music - INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to own it.

And the last little scene - too funny, but a lovely touch.

Someone pinch me, because it still feels like it was a dream!

Ciao


Random Stuff Section:

  • The lack of recycling containers surprised me - I feel sinful throwing my plastic bottles in the trash.
  • The number of big vehicles people seem to drive seems odd. I always thought LA,with their stricter gas emissions and push to save energy, was big on compact/gas conserving/alternate vehicles.
  • MacDonalds has a sauce policy wherein one is limited in the number of sauce packets allowed per nuggets ordered. Saw the poster myself. Huh? A sauce policy? What is that about? And then there will be those of you who will be saying, 'What? You were in a Macdonalds? They have salads, you know.

No comments: