Sunday, July 27, 2008

Honey, I'm home....

What a strange (yet wonderful), feeling it is to wake up one morning in one country, and end the day in another. The entire week seems almost dream like in many ways and I imagine it might be so for a number of other fans. 

How cool was it that fans were able to attend the premiere? I think, from the reactions around me, the fans brought an energy to the whole experience unusual for an occasion such as this. I have no idea if Fox executives were in that audience but I do hope, if they were, that they caught some of the excitement that has been generated by waiting six long years for this film to be made, and the deep appreciation the fan base has for the creators, actors and crew who were involved in bringing it to life. 

Ah, so what next you might be wondering?

Well, life does go on. My family is delighted I am home. (I told you they don't cook, right?)

My dog is finally able to sleep again, and he is the prime suspect in the case of the missing slipper. 

My slipper.

My wonderfully warm sheepskin slipper. 

Apparently he was pilfering anything belonging to me within reach, and the items were being found in odd places all around the house. 

Except my slipper. It is still missing. 

I am mostly unpacked. I hate unpacking. I got halfway done and left it in favour of a walk through the trails. 

As much as I loved LA, my knees and my lungs are thanking me. And it's great to be able to turn on the tap and drink the water. Not that the water in LA was bad; it just had an odd taste. We're a little spoiled  here in BC with our mountain fresh water. 

I've loads of catching up to do, starting with a hunt for an entertainment piece where you can, apparently, see a few of us. 

Ah, I think I'll be reliving this past week for several weeks to come. 

Ciao








No comments: